Family members have identified the body of the woman who was struck and killed earlier today at Westmoreland, St James.
She is 61-year-old Mary Downes, who lives a stone’s throw from where the accident occurred.
Downes had reportedly just disembarked a bus after visiting her doctor when she met her unexpected death.
Police are questioning two truck drivers, one of whom was said to be overtaking the other when the fatality occurred just after 11 a.m.
Downes’ daughter Charmaine was simply overcome with grief after identifying her mother’s body.
The fatality brings to 16 the number of road deaths for the year, compared to ten for all of last year.
Recent Local News
- St Nicholas Abbey Heritage Railway tours off to smooth start
- Barbados records first road fatality for 2019
- Man, 18, missing while swimming at Brandon's Beach
- Police investigating sudden death of woman constable
- Minor injuries reported after serious accident
- Man, 18, missing while swimming at Brandon’s Beach
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App