Bravo, according to CWI, issued the following statement:
“On November 11, 2016 after viewing statements made about me by the President of Cricket West Indies, Dave Cameron, on a television sports programmed . I tweeted a response which referred to the President which was, in retrospect, inappropriate.”
“As I have always tried to uphold the best traditions of West Indies Cricket and its players, I now therefore wish to withdraw the comment made on my Twitter account and apologise to the President of CWI and to all Windies fans.”
Meanwhile, Cameron said:
“In early November 2016, I gave an interview to SportsMax TV during which I discussed player retainer contracts and the grades of contract that had been awarded to certain players. In the course of the interview I stated that Darren Bravo had previously been on an ‘A’ contract, which I have since been advised is not correct.”
“I apologize for the misstatement, and wish to assure Mr Bravo that there was no insult or offense intended towards him. Darren is a senior cricketer who has been a valuable part of the Windies set up for a long time, and I would hope to see his game continue to progress and mature, at both regional and international level.”
The president also said he looks forward to Bravo playing a positive role in both the West Indies’ senior men’s team and regional cricket.