Perennial semifinalist and veteran calypsonian Smokey Burke from the Super Gladiators tent will lead the pack for the 2017 Pic-O-De- Crop semifinals.
The semifinalists were announced early Friday morning at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre and drew for their positions yesterday at the National Cultural Foundation (NCF).
Following Smokey Burke will be former Junior Monarch Ms Sammy G from House of Soca and she will be followed by Billboard, also of House of Soca.
First time semifinalist Ms AC from House of Soca will perform at position number 10. Edwin, from De Big Show, who has returned to the Pic-O-De-Crop stage after more than 20 years, will perform at number 14.
AC, also of the De Big Show, will close out the night’s performances.
The semifinals will be held this Friday July 21 at Kensington Oval, and the semifinalists will be hoping for a spot in the finals in hopes of dethroning reigning monarch, Queen Aziza.
The full line up in order of appearance is as follows: 1. Smokey Burke, 2. Ms Sammy G, 3. Billboard, 4. Donella, 5. MR BLOOD, 6 Chrystal, 7. iWeb, 8. Amazing Dre, 9. Colin Spencer, 10. Ms AC, 11. Observer, 12. Classic, 13. Jamal Slocombe, 14. Edwin, 15. Charisma, 16. Sir Ruel, 17. Franswaa, 18. AC
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App