The Trinidad-based Seismic Research Centre is reporting that an earthquake occurred south east of Barbados at 9:31 this morning.
The quake was a magnitude 5.0, with a depth of 107.13 kilometres, the centre said.
It was located at 12.31 degrees north and 58.61 degrees west, it added in a brief statement on the latest seismic activity.
Another quake — a magnitude 3.6 — reportedly occurred north east of St Lucia, at 14.53 degrees north and 60.01 degrees west, at 11:48 a.m today.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App