Thirty-nine-year-old David Alphonso Harry of Bournes Land, Silver Sands, Christ Church has until January 31, 2018 to pay a $40,000 fine for the offence of trafficking cocaine.
Harry, who appeared in the District ‘B’ Magistrate court today pleaded guilty to four charges including unlawful possession of cocaine, possession with intent to supply cocaine and trafficking and importation of cocaine.
He was arrested on Tuesday at the Grantley Adams International Airport after arriving from Trinidad and Tobago.
Harry was stopped and interviewed by police who also searched his luggage and found two transparent packages containing cocaine, concealed within false compartments in a portfolio.
A second search uncovered three more packages containing cocaine in his underwear.
The cocaine weighed one kilo and has an estimated street value of $50,000.
If Harry fails to pay the fine he will spend two years in prison.
Recent Local News
- Ministry launches investigation into death at senior citizens home
- Update - Police release the name of Vauxhall victim
- Police probe another unnatural death in St Lucy
- Family mourns for Mario Peters
- Update: Police investigate homicide at senior citizens home
- Police probe unnatural death in Christ Church
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App