An American visitor, held with marijuana at the Grantley Adams International airport, has been charged with possession of cannabis and importation of cannabis and ordered to pay $250.
Kelly Michelle Belgrave, 36, was arrested by members of the Drug Squad at the airport on Monday, July 31.
Police said Belgrave arrived on the island by air from the United States. A subsequent search of her luggage revealed a transparent Ziploc bag containing cannabis weighing 1.5 grammes. It had a street value of $7.50.
She appeared before Magistrate Laurie-Ann Smith-Bovell in the District ‘B’ Magistrates’ Court today and pleaded guilty to the offences. She was reprimanded and discharged and ordered to pay the fine.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App