Fire of unknown origin destroyed a three-bedroom house and a Toyota Corolla motor car in the wee hours of this morning.
Police say the fire occurred sometime after 2 a.m. at Tichbourne, St Michael. The car was owned by 41-year-old Julia Belgrave while the house was owned by Majorie Alkins and occupied by Belgrave, her mother and two others.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the family members were sleeping when they were awakened by a noise and later discovered the car on fire. The flames subsequently engulfed the house.
Three fire tenders and 11 fire officers under the command of Divisional Officer Errol Gaskin responded to the blaze.
Investigations are continuing.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App