A St Lucy man was remanded to prison when he appeared before Magistrate Wanda Blair in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court today.
Ramon Rheco Renaldo Boyce, 26, of Peterses Gap, Josey Hill, was arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and unlawful possession of five rounds of ammunition.
The offences were committed on Sunday, July 30 at Collins, St Peter. Members of the Anti-gun Unit went to the area in response to reports that an illegal fete was being hosted there. During this operation, Boyce was arrested and subsequently charged.
A shotgun was also recovered from the area but no arrest was made in relation to that find.
Boyce is scheduled to reappear in Court on August 30.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App