Minister of Culture, Youth and Sports, Stephen Lashley says all the necessary security measures have been taken for the festivities this weekend, including Grand Kadooment to be held on Monday, August 7.
He told members of the media that the National Cultural Foundation and the Royal Barbados Police Force are working closely to ensure smooth sailing all the way to Spring Garden Highway.
“Barbadians and visitors alike are free to come out and enjoy Crop Over and the grand finale of these events this weekend,” he said.
“All the security arrangements are in place . . . we work very closely with the Royal Barbados Police Force and the security services and just like last year, they would have surveyed the relevant zones.
“I have tremendous confidence in the Royal Barbados Police Force to ensure that Barbadians and visitors are safe and they will do their work,” he added.
Lashley also urged members of the public to adhere to the laws and obey the instructions of the police and security personnel.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App