Thousands of revellers took a while to reach their final destination, but the 26 bands participating in this year’s Grand Kadooment managed to finish earlier this evening than in previous years.
Today’s celebrations came to a fitting end when the final band arrived on Spring Garden just before 6 p.m.
Revellers joined spectators in bringing down the curtain to the annual Crop Over festivities by dancing to popular calypso and soca tunes and partaking in a range of local delicacies.
The last band, which was opened to just about anyone, was under heavy security, as energetic locals and visitors gyrated and danced their way to the final stop.(MM)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App