Police are continuing investigations into a shooting incident at Spring Garden, St Michael, which left one man dead, and several others injured.
No details were given on the deceased, but Public Relations Officer of the Royal Barbados Police Force Acting Inspector Roland Cobbler revealed that a six-year-old child, who was grazed by a bullet, was among the injured.
He did not disclose how many people were injured in total, but said that a number of persons had suffered non-life threatening gunshot injuries and had been transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) for treatment.
In an emergency statement issued this evening, the QEH reported that 15 persons had been transported to the Accident and Emergency Department (A&E), including persons suffering from gunshot and stab wounds. One person was involved in a vehicular accident.
Police are appealing to anyone with information about the shooting to contact the nearest police station or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-8477.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App