Twenty people are being treated for gunshot wounds at the Accident and Emergency Department (A&E) of the state-run Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) following three shooting incidents which occurred along the Spring Garden Highway during today’s Crop Over climax.
In a second emergency statement issued this evening, the QEH revealed that one person was declared dead at the scene and 22 people were transported to A&E for treatment.
Of these, 20 suffered gunshot wounds, one stab wounds and another person was involved in a vehicular accident.
The QEH said one person had to undergo emergency surgery, four patients had to be admitted while ten were seen by medical personnel and discharged.
The remaining seven patients suffered minor injuries and are currently waiting to be seen.
The statement also disclosed that the QEH team at Spring Garden had treated an additional victim who had suffered superficial gunshot wounds to the left side.
Three persons who witnessed the incident and suffered from acute panic attacks, were also treated at the scene and discharged.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App