A 34-year-old civil engineer is due in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today on drug related offences.
Duane Ryan Gittens, of Lot #405 Westwood Drive, St James, was arrested on August 31 following an operation at the Bridgetown Port conducted by the Drug Squad and Customs Enforcement Division.
Police say 40 pails of adhesive glue, each containing a quantity of cannabis wrapped in brown tape, were discovered.
Investigations further revealed that these pails arrived in Barbados onboard a cargo vessel from St Lucia and were consigned to a company in Barbados.
Investigations conducted by the Drug Squad led to the arrest of Gittens.
He was charged with possession, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation of cannabis.
The weight of the drugs was 418.8 lbs with an estimated street value of over $837,000.
He is expected to appear in the District ‘A’ Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App