A 34-year-old civil engineer who is alleged to have imported over $800,000 worth of cannabis into the island has been remanded to Dodds Prison after appearing in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court.
Duane Ryan Gittens of Lot 405 Westwood Drive, Husbands, St James was not required to plea to the indictable charges of possession, possession with intent to supply and trafficking of 418.8 pounds of the drugs.
The drugs were reportedly found at the port on August 31 in 40 pails of adhesive glue.
Gittens who went before Acting Magistrate Sandra Rawlins and is being represented by attorney Arthur Holder returns to court on October 2.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App