The 10th named storm of the year has formed as the powerful Hurricane Irma barrels towards the Leeward Islands.
At 11 a.m., the National Hurricane Center reported that Tropical Storm Jose formed in the Atlantic Ocean and was located around 1500 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.
The system has maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour.
The National Hurricane Center has urged interests in the Leeward Islands to closely monitor the progress of Jose.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App