A Hurricane Warning is in effect for Barbuda,Anguilla, Sint Maarten, St. Martin and St Barthelemy as Hurricane Jose inches closer.
Antigua remain under a Hurricane Watch and a Tropical Storm Warning. is in effect for…
A Tropical Storm Warning is also is in effect for Saba and St Eustatius while a Tropical Storm Watch is in effect for Montserrat, St Kitts and Nevis, British Virgin Islands, St Thomas and St John.
At 5 a.m. the centre of Hurricane Jose was located near latitude 17.5 North, longitude 60.3 West. Jose is moving toward the west-northwest near 13 mph (20 km/h). A continued west-northwest to northwest motion is expected during the next couple of days. On the forecast track, the core of Jose will pass close to or just east of the northern Leeward Islands today.
Maximum sustained winds are near 150 mph (240 km/h) with higher gusts. Jose is a Category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale. Some fluctuation in intensity, up or down, could occur during the next 24 hours. Afterward, gradual weakening is expected to occur.
Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 35 miles (55 km) from the centre and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 140 miles (220 km).
The estimated minimum central pressure is 940 mb (27.76 inches).
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App