Miss Universe Barbados 2017 contestants gathered at Gun Hill Signal Station in St George Friday night for the Yello Dazzle Mix and Mingle Cocktail.
The ten hopefuls displayed poise and class and left a lasting impression on the guests in attendance.
Miss Universe Barbados 2016, Shannon Harris, was also in attendance and had some words of advice for the girls as the competition date draws closer.
“Just persist, be very, very determined and be prepared not to sleep,” Harris said.
Public Relations Officer for Miss Universe Barbados, Gaynelle Marshall told Barbados TODAY that the team was elated with Harris’ success during her tenure.
The brand was successfully relaunched in 2016 after ten years and Marshall said that the goal this year is to work harder on producing an elite group of young ladies who would be stellar representatives for Barbados.
“We are not going to throw you in the ocean and tell you to swim but we are definitely encouraging you to know who you are,” she said.
As the contestants prepare to grace the stage on Saturday night in the designs of Lucy Liu Creations, Marshall encouraged them to remember the lifelong lessons they would have learnt throughout the competition.
“Ultimately, the crown is the goal but what about the lessons you learnt along the way? Don’t throw those lessons out of the door, don’t diminish their value,” Marshall said.
- REGIONAL - Haitians seek water, food as businesses reopen
- GUYANA - Disabled woman perishes in fire
- REGIONAL - Bahamas Govt places repatriations of Haitians on hold amid unrest
- TRINIDAD - Police capture one of the country’s most wanted men
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- Mobile App