A caretaker at Batts Rock, St Michael rescued more than two dozen baby turtles on the beach last night.
The caretaker said some of the turtles made their way into the sea but others were in danger of being trampled by scores of people who were at a wedding reception on the beach.
The baby turtles were picked up and the authorities called but up to the time of publication of this article, no one had turned up.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App