Police seized 16 firearms and 593 rounds of assorted ammunition in four separate operations conducted during the last 24 hours.
More than 400 rounds of ammunition and six firearms were seized in one of the operations conducted at the Bridgetown Port. Law enforcement authorities say the intelligence-led operation involved customs enforcement officers and members of the Anti-Gun Unit.
Several persons are currently assisting police in their investigations.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App