The Barbados Meteorological Services (BMS) has issued a flash-flood warning for sections of the island.
According to the forecasters central, northern and northwestern districts are likely to experience moderate to heavy showers and isolated thunderstorms.
The BMS explained that a combination of light winds, strong daytime heating and adequate low-level moisture is generating the activity.
It has advised residents in flood prone areas to exercise caution and remain on alert, warning that rainfall accumulations of two-three inches are likely.
The warning remains in effect until 4 p.m.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App