Two men have been remanded to jail on separate gun and ammunition charges.
Pierre Dacarlo Small, 26, of # 1 Mullion Lane, Gall Hill, Christ Church is accused of unlawful possession of a firearm and ten rounds of ammunition.
This follows a police operation at Wanayah’s Wholesale, located at #33 Warrens Industrial Estate, Warrens, St Michael where a promotional event was being held.
During a search, Small was caught with the firearm and ammunition.
Today, he appeared before Acting Magistrate Sandra Rawlins in the District ‘A’ Traffic Court and was remanded to prison until October 13, when he is due to reappear in court.
In a separate development, 18-year-old Zariq Amir Pierre Grant of Farm Path, Hillaby, St Thomas has been arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, one round of ammunition, and a quantity of cannabis.
On Monday, police executed a search warrant at his home where the firearm, ammunition, and drugs were discovered.
Grant, who appeared before Magistrate Ian Weekes in the District ‘D’ Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, was remanded to prison until October 11 when he is scheduled to reappear in court.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App