A flood warning has been issued for Barbados.
The Barbados Meteorological Services said the flood warning, which was issued at noon today, will remain in effect until 6 a.m. tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the centre of Tropical Storm Maria is expected to pass approximately 120 miles to the north of Barbados tomorrow morning.
As the system draws closer to the region, feeder bands will generate pockets of moderate to heavy showers and thunderstorms, some of which have already started to spread across the island. Rainfall accumulations of 3 to 5 inches (75 to 125mm) are likely.
Residents are urged to be on the alert and take all necessary precautions.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App