The roof of the official residence of Dominica’s Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit has been blown off by Hurricane Maria.
The powerful Category 5 hurricane is pummeling Dominica at this hour.
“My roof is gone. I am at the complete mercy of the hurricane. House is flooding,” Skerrit posted on Facebook just over 30 minutes ago.
He later posted that he had been rescued.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App