The Barbados Meteorological Office has extended the flood warning for the island until 6 a.m. tomorrow.
The forecasters say the island will continue to experience intermittent spells of moderate to heavy showers, thunderstorms and gusty winds for at least another 12 hours as a result of feeder bands trailing the southern side of Hurricane Maria.
The Met Office said the island has already recorded 3 to 5 inches of rain in some areas and any additional rains will lead to further flooding.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App