Classes were suspended at the University of West Indies (UWI) Cave Hill Campus from 10 a.m. Monday, as a result of the inclement weather associated with the passage of Hurricane Maria.
With Barbados still under a tropical storm watch, the UWI also announced a short while ago through its communications director Chelston Lovell that all campus offices would be closed from noon today.
The campus is expected to fully re-open tomorrow.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App