The Barbados Meteorological Services has extended the flood warning until noon today.
In a severe weather statement issued at 5 a.m., the forecasters said that feeder bands from Hurricane Maria continue to produce pockets of moderate to heavy showers, thunderstorms and gusty winds across Barbados and the Southern Windwards.
The Met Office said the activity will persist during the next 12 hours and this could result in further flooding.
Additionally, the high surf advisory and small craft warning remain in effect.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App