Police have charged 35-year-old Rommel Antonio Larone Daniel of Airy Cot, St Thomas with aggravated burglary, following the August 31 incident in which two women were chopped multiple times at Road View, St Peter.
Daniel, who was the subject of a wanted bulletin, was captured by police on Saturday, September 16 at Canefield, St Thomas.
He appeared before Magistrate Wanda Blair in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court today where he pleaded guilty to the offence and was committed to the High Court for sentencing.
Daniel also faces additional charges of burglary, rape, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and unlawful possession of camouflage.
He pleaded guilty to the offence of unlawful possession of camouflage and was ordered to pay $300 forthwith or spend one month in prison. The fine was not paid.
Daniel was therefore remanded to prison to reappear in the District ‘F’ Magistrates’ Court on October 13.
He is also due to appear in the District ‘E’ Magistrates’ Court on October 17 in relation to the other offences.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App