A Barbadian man with United States residency was granted $40,000 bail with one surety when he appeared before Magistrate Wayne Clarke in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ court today.
Thirty-four-year-old Damien Tobias Bend was arrested by members of the Drug Squad at the Grantley Adams International Airport on Friday, September 22.
He was charged with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply cannabis, trafficking of cannabis and importation of cannabis.
Bend arrived on the island by air from the U.S. Having cleared immigration he proceeded to customs where a search of his suitcase revealed ten black vacuum-sealed packages each containing cannabis.
Police said the drugs weighed ten pounds with an estimated street value of $40,000.
Bend is scheduled to reappear in the District ‘B’ Magistrates’ Court on September 26.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App