Pop sensation Rihanna already bears the title of Youth and Cultural ambassador for Barbados and now she will have her own road.
Westbury New Road, where the song bird grew up, will be renamed Rihanna Drive.
A government statement said the event will take place as the island celebrates its 51st anniversary of Independence on Thursday, November 30.
Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Rihanna, whose real name is Robyn Fenty, will unveil the signage at a two-hour ceremony in the St Michael community.
The function, which starts at 3 p.m.- 5 p.m. will be carried live on the state-owned Caribbean Broadcasting Corporation.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App