Police have arrested and charged a Christ Church man in connection with a case of theft, committed on Friday, October 13 at Mount, St George.
Arrested is 37-year-old Roland Romel Layne of #2 Edey Village, Christ Church.
Layne is accused of stealing 80lbs of cassava from the Sundale Trading Company. He also faces two counts of assault.
Reports are that around 4 a.m. on Friday, Layne was confronted by two watchmen in a field at Mount St George stealing cassava. During the confrontation, Layne made good his escape.
The matter was reported to the police.
During the course of their investigations the police brought Layne into custody and subsequently charged him.
Layne is expected to appear in the Oistins Magistrates’ Court on Monday, October 16.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App