Police are investigating a road fatality which occurred sometime around 5:40 this morning along the Arch Hall section of the Ronald Mapp Highway.
A motor car being driven by 27-year-old Daniel Haynes of Jackmans, St Michael, was involved in an accident in the area of the Lawrence Johnson Roundabout.
June Sonia Knight, of Grazettes New Road, one of two female pedestrians in their mid-50s was killed in the accident. The other, Yolande Alleyne of Clear View, St James has been hospitalized.
Preliminary investigations revealed that the two females were part of a group of people jogging on the shoulder of the highway when they were struck by the motorcar. Both females sustain head injuries and were transported by ambulance to the QEH where Knight subsequently succumbed to her injuries.
Alleyne’s condition has been listed as stable.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App