A St James family is assessing their losses after fire damaged their home this morning.
Just after 10 o’clock, fire broke out at the two-bedroom home of Ryan Odle who lives at a housing unit in Haynesville.
Odle, who lives with his mother Judy Carrington and his seven-year-old daughter , told Barbados TODAY he was working on a vehicle on the outside when he saw smoke coming from a bedroom upstairs.
Neighbours rushed to his aid and were able to save the contents of the house, but the bedroom and all its contents were damaged.
Two fire tenders, one from the Problyn Street station and the other from Arch Hall, responded to the blaze.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App