A St James family is assessing their losses after fire damaged their home this morning.
Just after 10 o’clock, fire broke out at the two-bedroom home of Ryan Odle who lives at a housing unit in Haynesville.
Odle, who lives with his mother Judy Carrington and his seven-year-old daughter , told Barbados TODAY he was working on a vehicle on the outside when he saw smoke coming from a bedroom upstairs.
Neighbours rushed to his aid and were able to save the contents of the house, but the bedroom and all its contents were damaged.
Two fire tenders, one from the Problyn Street station and the other from Arch Hall, responded to the blaze.
- REGIONAL - Frustration rules as new money unveiled in Venezuela
- REGIONAL - Say sorry, PM
- TRINIDAD - Acting AG and Councillor drenched with water by angry residents
- BAHAMAS - ATM scam
- REGIONAL - T&T PM confirms re-election bid to protect PNM
- REGIONAL - US-based Vincies robbed at gunpoint during vacation in SVG