A 39-year-old man accused of assaulting Police Commissioner Tyrone Griffith has been remanded to HMP Dodds.
Dewayne Carlo Griffith of Stroud Bay, Crab Hill, St Lucy is alleged to have also resisted and obstructed Commissioner Griffith in the execution of his duties on October 28.
The accused appeared before Magistrate Ian Weekes today where he denied all three charges against him.
Dewayne Griffith will make his next appearance in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court on November 9.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App