Two Barbadian men, returning home from Canada have been charged with several drug related offences.
Twenty-one-year-old Jacques-Stephen Alexander Hibbert of 5th Avenue, Rockley New Road, Christ Church and 36-year-old Dwight Richardson Manningham Scott of Airy Hill, St Thomas were separately charged for possession; possession with intent to supply; trafficking and importation of cannabis.
Both Scott and Hibbert arrived in the island last Friday.
When custom officers searched Scott’s luggage they found 10 transparent vacuum seal packages each containing cannabis concealed in the false bottoms of two suitcases.
Hibbert had 48 transparent vacuum seal packages each containing cannabis concealed within wooden boxes in two black duffle bags.
The cannabis weighed six kilogrammes and had an estimated street value of $BDS48, 000.
The duo appeared before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch in the District ‘C’ Magistrates Court today.
Hibbert pleaded guilty to the offences and was remanded to prison until November 2, 2017, pending a pre-sentencing report.
Whereas, Scott pleaded not guilty to the offences and was granted bail at the sum of $2500, with one surety, to reappear in the District ‘B’ Court on the November,14, 2017.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App