Members of the business community and the public are being asked to note that cheque books belonging to Hunte’s Nurseries, located at Castle Grant St Joseph; and A – Z Supplies and Services Inc, located at Lodge Road, Christ Church have been stolen, making the integrity of these cheques questionable.
The police, in a statement issued today, said these cheques are being presented to obtain building materials and alcoholic beverages in most cases.
Business places are asked to be cautious when accepting cheques being presented from these establishments as well as to alert delivery personnel to be on the lookout for persons attempting to use them as a method of payment.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App