A St Michael man was remanded to prison when he appeared in court today charged with a number of firearm and drug related offences.
Ryan Jason Greene, 34, of Pile Bay, Spring Garden, was arrested on Monday, October 30, when members of the Anti-Gun Unit executed a warrant at his residence.
During the search, three firearms, 32 rounds of ammunition and a quantity of drugs were found. During a subsequent search of a car owned by Greene, another firearm and 67 rounds of ammunition were found. He was arrested and charged with four counts of unlawful possession of firearms; two counts of unlawful possession of 32 rounds and 67 rounds of ammunition respectively; unlawful possession of cannabis; unlawful possession of cannabis with intent to supply; and trafficking of cannabis.
Greene appeared before Magistrate Cuffy-Sargeant, in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court and was remanded to prison, to reappear in court on November 29.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App