Dario Devon Drayton, who was apprehended by police a week ago after being the subject of a wanted man bulletin, has been remanded to prison for the next 28 days.
The 25-year-old, who was recorded as having no fixed place of abode, appeared before Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today, accused of committing 15 criminal offences.
He was charged with six counts of robbery; two counts of burglary; one count of indecent assault; one count of assault of with intent to rob; one count of theft; one count of inflicting bodily injury; one count of wounding with intent; one count of assaulting a police officer in the execution of duty and one count of resisting police in the execution of duty.
Drayton denied 13 of the charges, but was not required to plead to the remaining two indictable offences.
He returns to court on December 5.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App