A St Michael man was remanded to prison when he appeared in court today on a charge of unlawful possession of five rounds of ammunition.
Twenty-four-year-old Rachad Roudolf Hoyte was arrested by members of the Drug Squad after they searched his home on September 10 and found the ammunition in his room.
Hoyte, who was not at home at the time of the search, subsequently presented himself to the police and was formally charged with the offence.
He appeared before Magistrate Cuffy-Sargeant in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court and was remanded to prison to reappear in court on December 5.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App