The man who assaulted Commissioner of Police Tyrone Griffith was back in court today.
Dewayne Carlo Griffith, 39, of Crab Hill, St Lucy, was arrested and charged for a number of offences which were committed against the Commissioner in the Crab Hill area on Saturday, October 28.
He reappeared in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court and was further remanded to prison, and will reappear in court on December 7.
Griffith has been charged with obstructing police in the execution of duty, assaulting police in the execution of duty and resisting police in the execution of duty.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App