A St Michael man appeared in the District ‘A’ Magistrates Court today on a string of firearm and drug related charges.
Twenty-three-year-old Jamar Carlieous Browne of 2nd Avenue, Arthur’s Land, Tweedside Road, St Michael was formally charged with unlawful possession of a firearm; unlawful possession of 23 rounds of ammunition; unlawful possession of cannabis; unlawful possession of cocaine; possession of cocaine with intent to supply and trafficking cocaine.
The firearm, ammunition and drugs were found at Browne’s home last Thursday while police were executing a search warrant.
Browne pleaded guilty to the drug related offences.
Magistrate Kristy Cuffy-Sargeant however remanded Browne to prison until December 11 on the firearm offences. He will be sentenced for the drug offences on that same day
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App