Twenty-two-year-old Nayib Straker was today granted $8000 bail with one surety after being charged with the death of Bentley DeCoursey Belgrave.
Straker, of Doughlin Village, St Andrew appeared before Magistrate Wanda Blair in the Holetown Magistrates’ Court.
He was charged with causing death by dangerous driving, driving without due care and attention and driving without reasonable consideration for others using the road.
Belgrave, who visiting Barbados at the time of his death died on November 4 at Pleasant Hall, St Peter after the vehicle in which he was a passenger collided with a car being driven by Straker.
Straker will re-appear in court on May 15, 2018.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App