A 17-year-old male student of the Ellerslie Secondary School lost his finger and another was partially severed following a violent incident during the lunch break today.
According to police, a group of students at the school were involved in an altercation in the canteen around 11:50 a.m. As a result, the victim received several chops to his right hand from a cutlass.
He was transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital for medical attention.
Police are continuing investigations.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App