Police have arrested and charged four male students from the Christ Church Foundation School in connection with a recent attack on a 13-year-old schoolboy from the Deighton Griffith School.
The incident reportedly occurred on Thursday, November 9, 2017, as the victim was walking along Church Hill Road, Christ Church, on his way home from school and later became the subject of a social media posting and voice note, which showed the victim being attacked and beaten by several schoolboys.
Today, the four accused, including a 15-year-old and three 13 year olds, appeared before Magistrate Elwood Watts in the Oistins Magistrates’ Court jointly charged with the offence of inflicting bodily harm on the Deighton Griffith student.
The 15-year-old was remanded to the Government Industrial School, Dodds, St Philip until next Monday, while the three 13 year olds were each granted $1,000 bail, with one surety, to return to court on January 31.
As part of their bail conditions, they are prohibited from entering the compound of the Deighton Griffith School, and have been placed on a 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App