Daniel Haynes was today granted $10, 000 bail with one surety after appearing before Magistrate Ian Weekes at the District ‘D’ Magistrates’ court.
Twenty-seven-year-old Haynes of Jackman’s, St Michael is accused of causing the death of 56-year-old June Knight, formerly of Grazettes Road on October 21.
Knight was jogging along the Arch Hall section of the Ronald Mapp Highway when she was struck by a car driven by Haynes.
Haynes is charged with causing death by dangerous driving; driving without due care and attention; driving without reasonable consideration for others using the road; no driver’s licence and no insurance policy.
As part of his bail conditions he was ordered to surrender his passport.
Haynes will reappear in court on May 18, 2018.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App