Crews of the Wastewater Division (WWD) of the Barbados Water Authority (BWA) are currently on the scene of overflows on the south coast – notably Hastings, Worthing and Rendezvous in Christ Church.
These overflows are due to a breach in the network system and a block in the sewage lines.
Following a strategy meeting at the South Coast Sewage Treatment Plant (SCSTP) earlier this week with technical teams from the Authority and the WWD, specialized materials have been ordered to address the ongoing challenges in the network and in the lines.
In the interim, the WWD’s crews are working assiduously to manage the overflows until the breach and blockage can be rectified.
The BWA apologizes for any inconvenience to its valued customers and the public and thanks them for their patience and understanding. (PR)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App