The Democratic Labour Party (DLP) hosted a fun-filled fair at its George Street, Belleville, St Michael headquarters on Saturday.
The annual fun day was held under the theme Facts Fair and featured jumping tents, lucky dips and tombola stalls.
Executive member of the DLP Undine Whittaker told Barbados TODAY that the event was not political but a get together opened to the general public.
“The Democratic Labour Party is as much a social organisation as it is a political organisation,” said Whittaker who also coordinated the activities.
She said the theme of the event followed with the DLP’s FACTS mandate, which is meant to dissuade the public from being influenced by the Opposition’s “alternative facts”.
“For the entire year, our party has been doing some really good things through the Ministers . . . they have been working in their respective ministries and we know that Barbadians would have been seeing some of the benefits of the work that they have been doing,” Whittaker said.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App