The Vector Control Unit of the Ministry of Health will continue its work this week to eradicate the Aedes Aegypti mosquito.
On Monday, November 27, areas to be sprayed in St Peter and St Lucy are Golden Mile, Station Hill, Douglas Development, Church Hill Road, Tom Bend Road, Checker Hall, Checker Hall Tenantry, Fustic Village, Sutherland, Shermans, Half Moon Fort, Clinketts Gardens and environs.
On Tuesday, November 28, the team will be in Christ Church and St James to fog Maxwell Plains, Maxwell Hill Development, Maxwell Hill with Avenues, Cane Vale, Valley Ridge, Fitts Village, Risk Road, Vaughn’s Road, Berbice 1 & 2, Piggott Road, Jordan’s Road, Johnson Road, Prospect Road and surrounding areas.
On Wednesday, November 29, they will be in St Michael, fogging the Bridgetown Port and environs.
On Friday, December 1, St Philip will be targeted, specifically Rices Gardens, Cave Land, Diamond Valley, Crane Development, Crane Lodge, Collington Drive, Work Hall, Jessamy Lane, Union Development, Apple Drive, Tangerine Street, Pine Avenue, Union Hall, Union Park and neighbouring districts.
Householders are reminded to open their doors and windows to allow the spray to enter. The fogging exercise runs from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. each day.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App