Forty-six-year-old Tedroy Henderson Glenfield Gittens was granted $9000 bail with one surety after appearing in the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court today on eight drug charges.
Gittens was arrested on Saturday after police found 111.38 grams of cocaine with an estimated street value of $5, 569.00; 113.32 grams of cannabis with an estimated street value of $566 and 87 ecstasy pills valued at $1740 while executing a search warrant.
He was not required to plead guilty to the offences.
As part of his bail conditions, Magistrate Kristie Cuffy-Sargeant ordered Gittens to report to the District ‘A’ Police Station every Thursday before 12 o’ clock.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- THE BAHAMAS - Together in grief
- Mobile App