Barbados is under a flood warning until 8.00 p.m.
According to the Barbados Meteorological Services, the combination of a trough system and The Inter Tropical Convergence Zone (ITCZ) has been generating cloudy to overcast skies, rain, pockets of moderate to heavy showers and isolated thunderstorms across the island for most of the day.
The Met Office said that some sections of the island may have already accumulated 2-3 inches of rainfall and this was likely to continue as the evening progresses.
The forecasters advised residents living in flood prone areas to remain alert and take the necessary precautions.
- Govt ‘making up’ with former commissioner – Senator Franklyn
- ‘Make money from Sargassum seaweed’
- Fishing boat credit scheme being explored - Humphrey
- Electric buses ‘by year-end’, says Abrahams
- Protest near US Embassy in support of President Nicolas Maduro
- PM denies giving diplomatic passport, $100,000 waiver to Hartley Henry
- CRICKET-WI/ENG-West Indies bracing for strong challenge, says Hope
- GUYANA - Vice Chancellor denies running University broke as staff calls for audit
- REGIONAL - Haiti inmates escape from Aquin prison
- GUYANA - ‘Clean up the list’
- THE BAHAMAS - Haitian sloop survivors will be repatriated
- GUYANA - Student remanded on UG bomb threat charges
- Mobile App