The recently appointed Roman Catholic Bishop of Grenada, Clive Harvey was hospitalised after collapsing while conducting service at the Cathedral of Immaculate Conception on Thursday.
Catholic Media Service confirmed that Bishop Harvey, who became the second Trinidad and Tobago national to be ordained as the Roman Catholic Bishop of Grenada, succeeding Grenadian, Bishop Vincent Darius, collapsed at the end of a special mass early Thursday.
He was taken to the St George’s Hospital where he is undergoing various tests with medical officials indicating that the 68-year-old Bishop suffered low blood pressure and extreme dehydration.
Church officials quoted him as saying Friday that all his vital signs were normal and he is in good spirit.
In July, Harvey was appointed to the position replacing Bishop Darius, who had died 15 months earlier.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App